Saturday, November 04, 2006

Hope


The floor beneath me disappears
I’m alone with all my fears
Cast aside the hard protective shell
And my broken heart seems out for sale.
Weak and naked and stretched between
What the world is and what it seems
There is no shield, I’m thrust before Hell
My secrets unguarded, I’m forced to tell
The truth- who I really am and who I need to be,
Without the protective aura of love surrounding me.
Back again to the cold, hard painful truth
I grow numb to the pain and become aloof.
At who I really am and who I need to be
I see in the mirror what I do not want to be me.
While I was with him, I felt I was in a trance,
And now my reflection hits me like a lance.
So now, alone I stand again,
Different and quite unsure
Missing that always constant presence
That caused me to feel loved and secure.
Another day has begun...
Life is a mountain, with some impossible lesson to teach...
I begin to climb, I stretch my arms and legs and reach!
Pulling myself up, pushing forward, I grow stronger with every stride-
Until I no longer notice the climb, I once again enjoy the ride.

No comments: